PRP Filler Rejuvenation for the Face, Hands, and Neck
Our face is exposed to harsh elements that can degrade our youthful good looks every day. These elements include the sun, stress, age, gravitational pull, environmental pollution, and much more. These factors can cause the face to lose its luster, glow, and radiance. In addition to the face, our hands and neck can also be affected by these elements.
However, thanks to the numerous advancements in cosmetic surgery and dermatological treatments, there are a number of options available in the market today for facial rejuvenation and renewal. One of the latest and most innovative treatments is the PRP or the platelet rich plasma treatment.
What is PRP?
PRP or platelet rich plasma is the latest in skin rejuvenation treatments on the market and is completely natural, safe, and effective. It revitalizes the skin and can help improve the tone, texture, and elasticity of the skin especially in the under eye areas where the skin is very thin and delicate.
PRP uses the body’s own plasma to stimulate the production of collagen, the main building block of the skin, and is the main ingredient responsible for maintaining the skin’s young, soft, and supple appearance.
PRP helps the skin to regrow its own natural lost collagen and once the skin is given the PRP treatment, it becomes firmer and tighter, allowing you to reclaim your youthful radiance and glow.
PRP is blood plasma that contains a large number of blood platelets. Platelets are known to have cell growth and regeneration properties and can help repair injured cells, causing them to multiply and regrow. The normal blood platelet count per microliter of blood is 200,000 and PRP contains a platelet count that is 1.6 to 8 times the platelet count in our blood.
How Is PRP Administered?
Your surgeon will begin the treatment by drawing out a normal sample of blood to put into a centrifuge machine. The blood is spun around until it separates from the plasma fluid. The separated plasma is rich in platelets and is stored separately.
This same platelet-rich plasma is injected back into the face, neck, hands, and wherever else you wish to be treated. The platelet rich plasma helps the skin to grow natural skin cells and rejuvenate and repair itself, resulting in a younger and more vibrant appearance.
Advantages of the PRP Treatment
- PRP uses your own blood platelets to improve skin tone and texture to bring back firmness, tautness, and youthfulness.
- The treatment is painless and as a patient, you’ll only feel a slight pricking sensation when the PRP is injected into the face.
- Stimulates the skin to produce more collagen and regenerate new tissue to improve skin color and texture.
- Collagen production removes lines, wrinkles, and folds.
- Minimal side effects post treatment; mild bruising, redness, and swelling will go way within 12-24 hours. You can resume your normal activities soon after the treatment.
- Results are long lasting and your body will continue to produce collagen for three to six months after the treatment.
- PRP can eliminate wrinkles from the neck and hands and make the skin appear tighter, firmer, and more youthful.
Contact Our Office
If rejuvenating your youthful good looks is of the utmost importance to you, you should contact our office as soon as possible. Don’t miss your chance to talk to Dr. John Schilling, a skilled cosmetic surgeon, to find out more about the treatment and the benefits it can provide to you.